The cost or price to paint a weatherboard house in the Brisbane area may change on based on different variables which may increase or decrease the overall cost of painting a weatherboard house.
When painting a weatherboard house the price includes the painting of soffits, fascia, gutter, walls.
It’s important to note that Items such as casement windows, sash windows, window hoods balustrade and so forth will not be included in our price ranges.
The Process: (this is for a weatherboard that is in good condition and does not contain lead based paint)
- Pressure wash surfaces with anti mould solution
- Scrape and sand loose and flaking paint
- Use exterior filler to fill dents and nail holes in weatherboards
- Spot prime bare weatherboard timber areas and filler
- Caulk vertical joints to weatherboard corner stops ( not horizontals not included )
- Apply two coats of premium exterior acrylic with UV Protection
- Clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the painting a weatherboard house in Brisbane:
possible additional cost to paint a weatherboard house:
- Extremely dirty surface and mouldy surfaces
- Deep imperfections or scratches
- Scaffolding ( hard scaffold not planks and trestles )
- Lead Based Paint
- Colour ( dark colours and extremely bright colours require multiple coats )
- Painting of just one wall or section
possible decrease in cost to paint a weatherboard house:
- New weatherboards or new surfaces
- one coat application needed
- No scaffolding required
- Existing weatherboards in good condition
The cost of painting a weatherboard house:
|$4.500.00 – $6,000.00||Standard Size Post War Home – Weatherboards, Fascia, Gutters, Soffits|
|$10,000 – $20,000||Typical Queeslander Weatherboard house. Weatherboards, Fascia, Rafter Soffits, Gutters, Decks etc|
* The above all include premium paint such as Dulux paints.