News & Updates
March 30, 2017
We recently asked a group of painters on one of the social media groups we belong too tell us a few things they wish they could tell their customers before starting a painting project.
The question we asked was:
If you could tell customers one or two things that would enable the project to move along smoothly, what would it be?
(their answers as as follows and are unedited, names have been hidden to protect the painters)
- Patience. That’s the one thing I go through so much “When will it be done?” This deadline? Ect. I tell all customers that “You can’t rush art” It takes time to complete the project, like a blossoming flower opening.
- Have colors picked out two days before so that paint can be ready one day in advance and no last minute color changes
- Don’t criticize the paint job until we let you know the project is 100% complete and we’re ready for a walk through.
- I would beg them to please not have alot of furniture in the way…put away their laundry..and it doesn’t hurt to dust or even wipe your own stuff down every five years or so
- Move your own furniture,Have the deposit before I start.
- Small, delicate, sentimental items out of room, books off bookshelves, and art work off walls. We’ll move/reset the rest.
- 1.Good, Fast, Cheap.
- Pick two.
- You can’t have all three.
- 2. Good remodeling is expensive, bad remodeling is very expensive.
- 1. Have a solid way my crews can get in your house each day.
- 2. Be prepared to be on-site for the final walk through
- In order for your project to run efficiently and effectively as possible, we ask that you remove small and fragile objects, remove all wall decorations and empty closets & or bookshelves. If you would like your project to move even quicker, we recommended that you move as much furniture away from the walls as possible.
- be absolutely dead set on your color selection
- – animals must be contained
- – all small objects out of the areas I will be in
- – give me a key or garage code
- – clear the surrounding wash basin area
- – do not attempt to patch or caulk to speed up the process
- – you will receive daily updates as to where I will be working in your home, please plan accordingly around my schedule
- Please don’t follow the painters around the home
- On exteriors, all pet waste in yard must be picked up. Fragile plants must be staked or protected. Hanging containers and wood piles must be moved. Over grown plants must be cut back. Move vehicles away from work area. Decks must be cleared off.
- get out of my crew s way, do not feed them, do be nice.
- Communication about other contractors to allow for proper scheduling.
March 28, 2017
The cost or price to paint a door in the Brisbane area may change on based on different variables which may increase or decrease the overall cost of painting a door.
When painting a door the price includes one side of the door and the edge of the door that is visible to the room you are standing in when the door is open, it does not include the door frame. Read More
March 28, 2017
The cost of staining or recoating a timber deck in the Brisbane area may change based on your decks requirements. Timber deck staining or recoating should be incorporated into your properties annual maintenance plans in order to lower the initial cost.
When determining a price to stain or recoat a timber deck its important to understand a few different variables which will impact on the finial price. Read More
March 27, 2017
The cost or price to paint the interior of a house in the Brisbane area can vary however the overall process generally will stay the same. For a standard plasterboard home the process is simple and quiet inexpensive however as the requirements change and the project becomes more detailed, the price will increase accordingly. Read More
March 27, 2017
The cost or price to paint a bedroom in the Brisbane area may change on based on different variables which may increase or decrease the overall cost of painting a room.
It’s important to understand that not all rooms are the same due to the difference in building materials. Some homes have gyprock, some have VJ others may have pressed tin. It is in these variables which will help determine the price along with another set of variables, condition. Is the property old and needs a lot of prep work or is it clean and new?
When painting a room the process below generally stays the same however the amount of time needed for each task may fluctuate. Read More
March 11, 2016
Every house, whether recently constructed or otherwise, will need a fresh coat of paint, inside and outside, once in a while. You can take many approaches for this: you can paint the home yourself or seek the services of a reliable Painter Brisbane. When you choose the second approach, it is best to have someone that would do the job just right. With that, it becomes essential to find a reliable house painting contractor serving the Brisbane area. While that might seem easy at first glance, it is not. All painters may be able to do the job but each one would use a different style and technique of working. You must consider this when hiring a reliable painter Brisbane for the task. Read More
December 28, 2015
The most common problem we encounter when it comes to painting existing buildings is the issue of peeling paint. Many our of residential painting projects are actually requested due to this very reason. So this begs the question, How do you prevent paint from peeling? Read More
December 27, 2015
High pressure water is an effective cleaning agent for many surfaces on the exterior of your home, particularly masonry such as bricks, driveways, sidewalks, and patios. High pressure water literally blasts away dirt, mildew and other contaminants. Read More
December 27, 2015
Exterior paintwork maintenance •
Regularly inspect the exterior of your property to ensure you are on top of any changes or irregularities such as timber splitting, cracking and nails popping. If you notice any issues such as peeling, blistering or flaking paint or any other problems that are calling out for repair be sure to have a professional Brisbane painting contractor look at the issue and recommend how to move forward without having to wait until the problem gets any worse. Read More
December 27, 2015
You have just made a worth while investment, which has the potential to protect your biggest investment for up to 15 years, Its the equivalent of getting a brand new car! It will leave you feeling refreshed and you may sometimes just catch yourself admiring how good it looks when mowing the lawn. The most important part of a paint job is what happens after your painter has left the work site, It all depends on how you care of the paint coating. The maintenance of a building coating system is essential to keeping the building looking great. By maintaining your new paint work will naturally extend the life span of the paint and intern protect materials that your house is made from. Read More